The Silence of Our Friends

Monday, June 16, 2008

Gimme Shelter

I'm listening to the radio on the way to dropping off the kids at school when The Rolling Stones Gimme Shelter comes on. I don't really like the Stones with the exception of a few of their songs and this one is a favorite, so I want to post a YouTube video and share it, but what do I discover? Holy crap! TeacherDude did the coolest slideshow to go with the song, he's an amazing photographer and even if you don't want to hear the song, you just have to see these photographs of Greece. I met TeacherDude through DeviousDiva at one of her chats. Speaking of which I haven't been to one of those chats in awhile and now I want to go today!



I'd say, "Rock out!" but then you'd miss the slide show, so...SIT STILL! and check it out.

5 comment(s):

Hey Donna, I'd love to see you at DD live. Next one is on Thursday !

And Teacher Dude is an amazing photographer. I keep on saying it, he's one of the best ones we have here in Greece. I have suggested that we try and get something public going here (Bloggers take Pictures or something like that) With me in Athens and him up in Thessaloniki. A bit hard to organise here because the country is rife with nepotism etc but who knows...

See you at the chat one of these days.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/17/2008 3:21 AM  

Thanks Donna (and you too, DD) for your lovely post. I took all of those pictures in the weeks leading up to the last general elections in Greece in 2007. What I wanted to show was the atmosphere of the place at that time.

BTW you can do the same thing with your pictures. All you need to Photo Story 3 which can be downloaded free from Microsoft. It's very easy to use.

By Blogger teacher dude, at 6/18/2008 5:16 AM  

I just found your blog through links and post for AMC. It looks like I'll be spending a few delicious hours reading through your pages.
Thanks for bringing together women of color with such style!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/25/2008 1:38 AM  

DD, sorry I missed the chat again, it's been busy around here! Hopefully I will be able to chat tomorrow, although I will have to leave for a short while to pick up my son at driver's ed.

I agree the both of you are amazing photographers and it would be so cool if you had a gallery showing online together, although it's nice to just look through the ones I have seen on flickr or on posts.

TeacherDude, if I was a decent photographer I might consider making my own youtube videos, but my photos are badly composed (usually overly busy and blurry, or I get a shot of my finger or hair in the way of the lens!) so I don't think I'll be doing that!

Edi, thanks for stopping by! It's always great when new readers find their way here and find something interesting and useful. Although my best stuff is the really early posts. I can't seem to get it together to write anymore lately, hopefully the lull blows over and I can get interesting material up soon.

By Blogger Donna, at 6/25/2008 7:47 PM  

Hi thanks for shharing this

By Anonymous grandma recording, at 9/13/2023 5:53 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home