The Silence of Our Friends

Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Best of WAM!

I started this post soon after the last two about WAM! I wanted to highlight the blogs of the women I met at WAM! and what they had to say about the experience. It appears that I won't be able to link to either BFP or Sydette's posts anymore since they have decided to leave blogging behind. I don't blame them and consider it a possibility myself some days. I am still sorry that I didn't get to honor their words in a small way before they left. I'm also adding a few WAM! posts that I missed the first time around instead of updating the first blog post.

I am also sorry that I haven't had the time to thank those who helped get me to WAM! in the first place. I have chronic pain from herniated discs in my neck and had a really bad flare up soon after the conference. I had been unable to sit at a computer for longer than about 15 minutes without being in terrible pain, so I didn't. I do want you to know that your donations were greatly appreciated, more than you can know since I had the chance to meet so many wonderful women who I only knew from my computer screen before. There is some money left in my paypal account, I had hoped to use it to go to the AMC conference in Detroit but that seems unlikely now. Instead I will be donating it to the women who are going. Again, thank you!

Now I will link to those who have written about WAM! that I missed the first two times around!

Roni has an update - WAM! - The Day After After :The Bad

Sudy's video of WOC at WAM! I'm at about 1:19 on the far left, I'm looking at and listening to BA (with my hair flopping in my face...yep I need to get my hair cut!), and Octogalore in the center of the frame. I think that is BFP with her back turned to the camera. The two smiling and waving at the end of the video are Lex and Nadia. Sudy also has a whole bunch of posts about the conference that covers everything! One, two, three, four, five, six.

Katie aka Wifey has her own blog. She has her WAM! Wrap-up in two parts, first and second.

Adele has a short post about WAM! and promises a longer one. And now here is the longer one! In the comments of the longer WAM! Recap post, Jill had many questions and Adele chose to answer them in a separate post, which is here. Also, in my last WAM! post I mentioned a WOC writer who worked hard on a project and was treated badly, Adele steps forward, she is the writer.

Octogalore's post about WAM!

Jill's (of Feministe) post about WAM!

Love this post by Jessica Hoffman.

Lisa Jervis and Debbie Rasmussen at Bitch Magazine have their takes on WAM!

Brittany's post on why she did not attend WAM! even though she lives in Boston.

This has nothing to do with WAM! I used to play my sons pokemon games for him to build up his pokemon so he could take on the gym leaders, so this gave me a laugh.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home