The Silence of Our Friends

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Talking to myself

If you don't like crybabies, don't read the rest of this. I'm talking to myself.

For some reason I am going through this total guilt phase in my life. In fact, after writing that sentence I felt guilty because I'm about to whine about my self involved problems instead of writing about something important. I know, that's what personal blogs are for, you write about what you want to write about, whether it's important stuff or personal whining, but I still had that twinge. It's the move, for a long time there was too much to do, things are slowing down now, but there are alot of things I am behind on. I feel guilt for neglecting so many things, like the blog, like my friends both on and off line, like my family, like getting my youngest son in for a teeth cleaning. He should have had one last June. I've been catching up on blog reading, I felt guilty about not knowing what is going on in the world, but now I feel guilty because I planned on cleaning the bathrooms today, but didn't get to that. I feel guilty about not updating my blogroll, some blogs have closed shop, and there are many others who deserve a link. I've said that three times in less than 24 hours and I feel guilty because I still don't want to spend the time updating it because I hate messing around with the template and html, not to mention the time it would take to do. If these are the worst problems a person has in this world, then my life is gravy, as one extremely arrogant and annoying person once told me. I think I'll shut up now and quit boohooing...

Oh but if you're still reading; I became an aunt again on September 28, not all is well, the poor little angel will be having surgery on her tear ducts this thursday. Prayers, good thoughts, and/or crossed fingers on her behalf are greatly appreciated. She is the first niece, my sisters and I have all had sons up until now.

Also I missed my blog anniversary the day after that, September 29. Well, not really, I knew when it was but it seemed stupid to announce it or anything since at tht point I hadn't decided if I was going to be able to keep blogging or not. But I'm still here!

5 comment(s):

*hug*

This is your journal/webspace; you can do whatever you wanna, first off. So I'm glad you vented despite the folks who claim to be anti-crybaby. (They're often crybabies about people being crybabies.)

Second, don't feel guilty about not catching up with webspace-related shit. That stuff is still fixable, modifiable, flexible. You work at your own pace; you have no Joneses to keep up with but your own mind. You are your Mrs. Jones.

Third, the same goes for life. My best friend and I talked about how the worst thing you can do when things are rushed is to start moving around frantically trying to make up for time. You make more mistakes and that takes up more time. Take deep breaths. Schedule that teeth cleaning at the earliest you can. Take a walk for a bit, and then come back and work on the cleaning. Carve out time for your spirit so you don't feel saddled with obligations. Write them down on something and carry it with you, and let that be your reminder. Not guilt.

I'll pray for the little one in hopes the surgery goes well and she recovers to full health.

And happy belated blogiversary! I hope you have many more. Love to you.

By Blogger Sylvia/M, at 10/14/2007 11:52 PM  

Donna:

I am happy to hear that your move is "completed". Where did you wind up? I missed seeing your stuff and didn't want to send e-mails because I didn't know if you were just busy or "busy".

I'm in the process of buying a wonderfully gutted hovel for short money and cheerfully contemplating about 2,500--3,000 hours of dirty, ugly, sweaty work to convert it to an ungutted hovel.

I'm currenly homeless, technically, and traveling around NY and New England (I'm typing this in the DeWitt Travel Plaza--around MP 285E on the NYS Thruway) since that's as cheap--and more fun--than sitting in some dump of a motel until the paperwork is ready to sign.

Good to hear you're well. My surgery in June went well and most of my pain and limits of motion are gone, I hope for good. I hope your aches and pains are all small ones.

Namaste

democommie

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/15/2007 6:55 AM  

happy anniversary, and hugs for everything else. as always, it's great to have you around, but it's no good to feel obligated.

i've been going pretty quiet lately too, but i'm trying to work on not feeling guilty for it.

take care...

By Blogger ben, at 10/16/2007 6:08 PM  

congrats on the new niece! best wishes for the upcoming surgery.

and yeah, my own motto is "whiny as i wanna be."

By Blogger belledame222, at 10/18/2007 3:04 PM  

Ah, but you are still here and it's really great to see you back. I think people understand that blogging's not always possible and those who do it need to step away. There's nothing wrong with that. In fact, time off can help rejuvenate you and blogging.

Congratulations on your niece and my prayers for her surgery so early in life.

It must be going around.

I've looked back at a couple blog postings I've written and thought, whiny and almost removed them considering most of my audience including the local cops is probably laughing its rocks off and in fact some of them are at a local site including about my wardrobe. But then I thought, no they stay in and I move on.

Take care of yourself, Donna, thanks for coming back to your blog even though it's difficult at times and know that you really do make a difference.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/26/2007 12:54 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home