The Silence of Our Friends

Friday, April 13, 2007

Imus

There is too much great writing out there for me to do a post on this.

First, the place to go for all updates is The Anti-Essentialist Conundrum. If there is anything you want to know about the whole flap you will find it there. My favorite post is Sylvia's Four Questions though, because these are things few others are talking about. Why not?


Second, Aunt B cracks me up:
“Boo hoo, a lot of white people buy rap music and we’re too idiotic, even though we’re grown-ups, to not repeat what we hear. Boo hoo. Poor us. If only those black men with their seductive music would stop brainwashing me into opening my wallet and buying it and listening to it, then I wouldn’t have to use those words that I know, if I said them to my mom, would cause her to cry or slap me. Woe is me!”
Go read the rest, some of the comments will raise your blood pressure, Ginger is especially clueless, but check Aunt B.'s comment at 21.

Third, for those who need a visual to understand the issues, venn diagrams at Zuky!

Any round up would be incomplete without giving BlackAmazon the last word! Go read Hip Hop Didn't Do That Shit.

4 comment(s):

Kai has posted again.

You'll want to look.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/14/2007 12:48 AM  

Doesn't this tie in perfectly with what you were saying a few weeks ago about white "we say bad things, but forgive us!" BS?

Honestly, though, why would he think that what he said was a good thing? Why was he so incredibly stupid?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/14/2007 8:58 AM  

I have to say, the whole "but black men do it," 'defense' came out of left field for me. I thought we abandoned "He did it first" in kindergarten, where it belongs.

By Blogger Deoridhe, at 4/17/2007 10:05 AM  

Thanks for the great link roundup. I especially enjoyed Zuky's venn diagrams. Excellent.

By Blogger Sour Duck, at 4/19/2007 6:08 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home