The Silence of Our Friends

Monday, October 23, 2006

What I've Been Up To

Belledame's post on stupid blogger/blogging tricks got me thinking that I'd like to have a different template too. I got this at a site that offers free blogger templates, in fact it appears to be the name of the site. LOL I like the larger text, the color combination, and the wider width for my new blog; although I had to adjust the width myself and was sweating bullets that I would ruin my blog by doing it.

I thought that since I expect to be missing in action for a few days that I should mention why. I had a follow-up mammogram and ultrasound last week because I had a biopsy back in May. Unfortunately there is a new mass in the opposite breast and now I have to go in for another biopsy on Tuesday. I'm not looking for a pity party here, because I'm not even scared myself, at least I'm not scared that it's the big C. I am scared of the big damned needle they will be using for the biopsy. The reason I am not scared is that this is the third biopsy for me and the other times it has been something called sclerosing adenosis, it's a benign tumor or mass. I expect the same results this time too.

Other than that, I've got a few ideas in the works for some posts, but I am also confused about some of them. Did you ever get the feeling that you understand things but not quite? That's how I feel lately about alot of things. I guess I'll work some of that through while I'm convalescing (lying on the couch watching tv for a day or two LOL) and then you will be treated to my confused thoughts in the form of new posts by the end of the week!

I also feel like I have failed belle with my pictures, because I saved the most personal ones, so I will return and post the ones of my Maliseet heritage. It makes me sad though because I worked up a genealogy for my mom but lost it on my old crappy computer. I still have a bunch of index cards with all the information but it isn't sorted anymore. That's another thing I have to get back to work on.

Hope to get back in the swing of things very soon and catch up on what everyone else is writing over the next several days too. See you then!

3 comment(s):

What a shock - For a split second I thought I had hit the wrong link!

The new template looks great, though, and was well worth the effort imo.

And Donna, be well!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/23/2006 8:19 AM  

I like your new look. It seems more spread out.

By Blogger Abadiebitch, at 10/27/2006 12:36 AM  

looks good!

By Blogger belledame222, at 10/27/2006 6:08 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home