The Silence of Our Friends

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Eight Things I Find Amazing In Picture Form

I've been tagged for an image meme by BelleDame222 and my special image just for her is this one:


Friendship


The meme is to find or create images of eight things I find amazing in picture form. I'm not sure if I find these things amazing, just things I like. First my computer wallpaper is almost always of kittens. I have four of them.




This is what I have for my wallpaper right now. If you want the full sized image (1024 X 768) for your wallpaper click here.




If you want the full sized image (1024 X 768) for your wallpaper click here.




If you want the full sized image (1024 X 768) for your wallpaper click here.




If you want the full sized image (1024 X 768) for your wallpaper click here.


Yes, I have a cat, a gray tabby. I'd have more if I could but my cat goes nuts when she sees other cats. It was one of the reasons we picked her actually, it was hilarious how quiet and friendly she was in the cage at the shelter, but as soon as she was out and could see the other cats she started howling, hissing, and spitting with her fur standing on end. Another reason is that she looked almost exactly like the cat we had before her. He got out of the house and was running across the street when he was hit by a car. We missed him alot, especially my youngest son. George of the Jungle used to hunt him down and pounce on him, I had to be especially careful to keep his claws filed down because of this, but it cracked us all up how he would find a high spot and lie in wait to jump on his head. And the last reason is that they liked her so much at the shelter they paid for her to be fixed, while it's great that we didn't have to pay for the surgery, it was more of a selling point to me that they liked her that much and wanted a good family for her. Our cat is named Smokey, but we mostly call her poopy kitten. That is because she gets into things and I'll say, "Why you little shhh...um poop!" since I try not to swear in front of the kids, besides, George was also poopy kitten.


I've seen lots of the US and thought some of those were amazing. One of my favorites is Niagara Falls.


Niagara


I was only 3 when I saw the Golden Gate Bridge, truly I barely remember it now, what I remember is being impressed and amazed at how beautiful and awesomely huge it is.


Golden Gate Bridge


I was 5 when I saw the Grand Canyon. If you have never been to the desert southwest, I highly recommend it for a vacation. Anywhere in NM, AZ, UT, etc it's so gorgeous.


Grand Canyon


We lived in Utah for a short time, long enough for my second son to be born there. When you are coming down from the mountains at night and see all of Salt Lake City lit up at night it's indescribably beautiful. Then when you are in Salt Lake City and see the surrounding mountains from below, that is also indescribably beautiful. I always liked the LDS Temple too. I wasn't too keen on the Mormons who wouldn't leave me alone trying to convert me, but that's a story for some other time.


LDS Temple


That's it for now, I've found more pictures I want to show in another post, but I'll save that for later.


I tag Elayne, Moksha, Sunrunner and Nezua Limón Xolagrafik-Jonez! The official meme is 8 things you find amazing in picture form.

8 comment(s):

Donna, that's so sweet!...

heh.

and

EEEEEE KITTENNNNNNSSSSSESESESESEESES

By Blogger belledame222, at 10/22/2006 12:20 AM  

hmmmmm. okay. i accept your gauntlet, woman! let me work on this.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/22/2006 2:20 AM  

Belle, my baby sister sent that graphic to me. She knows I hate those soppy email forwards so she sends weird ones instead, which are always welcome! LOL

Nezua, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

By Blogger Donna, at 10/22/2006 3:45 AM  

I'm going to work on this one, I really am. I don't think I ever did a meme in my life. But for you, I shall have a go.

By Blogger Abadiebitch, at 10/22/2006 4:10 AM  

Meow!

My first meme too! I think I am gong to have to expend a little effort on this!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/22/2006 9:17 AM  

I thought it would be hard too, but once I started thinking of some things I like looking at, it was very easy and I got way too many pictures and had to whittle it down. I still plan on doing a post on the Maliseet pictures I found a little later this week. That one probably should have been the "official" post for the meme since cutesy kitten pics somehow doesn't seem to fit the bill. Kittens are cute but not especially amazing. LOL

Even the pics around the country may not be amazing, but being able to travel and really see these things is!

By Blogger Donna, at 10/22/2006 6:03 PM  

Okay, I did it. Not as much color and excitement as yours. But I did do it. LOL!

I love those cats.

By Blogger Abadiebitch, at 10/23/2006 3:54 PM  

"Thank you for being the piss in my pants."

That's brilliant.

Another great set of images. I love this meme.

By Blogger Kevin Andre Elliott, at 10/24/2006 12:11 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home