The Silence of Our Friends

Sunday, February 10, 2008

RavenMN Revealed!

Petitpoussin found a video of RavenMN at work in the bookstore posted at YouTube which you all must see! I'm not sure, but I think she's the blonde...



Oh and I'm baaaaaaaaaack!

7 comment(s):

I am so busted! Yup. I'm the blonde.

One question. Does that sweater make my butt look big?

By Blogger Ravenmn, at 2/10/2008 10:11 PM  

Oh not at all! I'm glad we can be comfortable talking about your butt. You know as well as I do that you make your butt special by not wanting it talked about.

By Blogger Donna, at 2/11/2008 2:37 AM  

Welcom back, Donna! Did you have fun?

By Blogger Plain(s)feminist, at 2/13/2008 10:18 PM  

Good to see you again!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/15/2008 11:04 AM  

Hey, Prepare Portland! That guy's mom was famous in the FemiBlogoSphere for a while! And I volunteer with that kind of self-defense classes!

So glad its flyer got play in the video.

Though man...I never thought of using totally low-level flyers like that to promote those classes. Seems cool for when I want to start one here in my town.


Okay, secondly, and what I came here for:
I know that you linked once to Hugo S. asking bloggers of color for advice about whom to read.

Would you be willing to do the same for me?

I'm sorry to bug you & your readers, but I don't have real-life friends who critique racism the way you do...everyone I know who does so I know only as a writer online.

Anyway, I just made a web page with 2 audiences at once:
1) people from a thriving, working-class neighborhood whom I want to sign a petition / give me their contact information so I can start organizing resistance to a rail line the city wants to lay through there
2) outsiders to the neighborhood and upper-middle-class business owners and "supposedly lib'rul" (mostly white) folks who think it'd be just great to have train service going from one city to the other and are just fine with it taking the proposed route

So...I have to explain things to audience #2, but I don't want to be ___ist (insert anything--I'm sure I could mess up plenty) about my subject matter, since it's #1's lives I'm writing about. Not to mention, they'll be visiting, too.

The URL is http://saveuniversity.googlepages.com

It's got a main page, a "petition" page, a "math" page, a "future" page, and a deeper-in "future" page.

If visitors hit all those, they'll have hit all the content.


Thanks in advance if you do decide to do this.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/17/2008 4:38 PM  

Damnit, I knew my oppreshun fingaz wouldn't last long! Must retry!

*wiggly fingers of oppreshunly oppreshunz*

By Blogger Sylvia/M, at 2/19/2008 12:02 PM  

That's pretty funny :)

By Blogger Elaine Vigneault, at 2/23/2008 11:35 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home