The Silence of Our Friends

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Computer problems suck!

I thought I would have time today to write an awesome post that would amaze everyone and the fame of "The Silence of Our Friends" would grow exponentially from this day forward. And then I woke up... LOL

Nah, I did think I would have time to write a thing or two though, but my son started up our new laptop this morning and within a minute or two had the blue screen of death, then the computer would restart and within a minute or two, the bsod again, then restart, bsod, restart. You get the picture. So I had to figure out what went wrong, and you think it would be easy, run an antivirus in safe mode, maybe a spyware scanner, and gone. No, it's never that easy! I even ran system restore and that didn't work. I spent most of the day on this computer using every clue I found to see how to fix this. To make thing even more fun, many of the antivirus sites have their own name for this same trojan that we had. So it took me awhile just to figure out what it is and then perform the SEVERAL steps to get rid of it. Finally the laptop is clean and running well again.

But I am too beat to think straight and write anything worth reading. So I think tonight I will surf around and see what everyone else has to say. Maybe tomorrow I'll be refreshed enough to write something for my own blog.

7 comment(s):

OH MY GOD it worked! your blog was just on CNN!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/16/2006 10:52 PM  

Is that all? It's not like Jesus' General noticed me or anything!

By Blogger Donna, at 12/17/2006 12:13 AM  

Poor baby.

...your blog was just on CNN!

Seriously?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/17/2006 12:25 PM  

LOL, no way op99. Nezua is a joker in the playing cards of life.

By Blogger Donna, at 12/17/2006 4:25 PM  

Just yesterday, I came down with some illness that made me watch the past two months' worth of Pammy's vlogs at Atlas Shrugs, and in one she was bragging on how she got a shoutout from Fox News. So don't laugh - it could happen.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/17/2006 4:41 PM  

Don't spread that illness! Watching Pam's vlogs, I would probably get brain damage from it. The closest I get to Atlas Shrugs is when Wolcott or Tbogg has something snarky to say about it.

By Blogger Donna, at 12/18/2006 2:54 AM  

Yeah, I spent an hour on the phone with a tech. at Dell Service about the blue screen of death that pops up every now and then, only today it was gray. It took 12 times for me to get the computer into safe mode, embarassing.

In the end, I have to wait until it goes blue and instead of restarting it, call them back to find out how to get an error message to show up.

Since it's recent, it's probably a virus or a trojan horse that slipped on through but I'm a trusting soul. I turn on my computer and hope all the little icons come up where they are supposed to.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/31/2006 1:58 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home